Cancer metastasis is responsible for 90% of cancer related deaths. In breast cancer, metastasis occurs mostly via the lymphatic system. The lymphatic nodes that are closest to a tumour are the most likely route for the cancer cells to first enter the lymphatic system and are referred to as the sentinel lymph nodes (SLN).
Diagnosing the presence of cancerous cells within the SLN is therefore critical to provide optimum treatment plans. The gold standard is currently the Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy (SLNB). SLNB however comes with several drawbacks.
The HypoSens imaging system is strategically designed to offer a minimally invasive alternative to the SLNB. The device is a prognostic solution for clinicians towards, once validated more accurate and fast diagnosis and personalised treatment options.
Why use HypoSens system
The photonics system uses tumour targeted nano-confined sensors for intracellular temperature and oxygen sensing.
HypoSens does not require surgery to test the lymph node status.
HypoSens will produce results in real-time.
The nano-confined sensor particles will be able to monitor both temperature and dissolved oxygen. Coupling the nano-sensors with target antigens ensures the proper identification of the targeted tumour cells.
The prognosis system does not release any ionising radiation.
The device will incorporate a “plug and play” architecture which will render it easy to operate.
Due to the compact nature of the imaging system, the development of HypoSens will result in a decrease in the diagnostic costs associated with metastatic breast cancer.
- In the 13th edition of the #ETPN2018 (May 28-30 2018, Berlin), @Leitat representatives will show the innovations o… https://t.co/GMcb4IOP6k
- Amir Rosenthal (from @TechnionLive ) has been invited to give a talk at the European Society for Molecular Imaging… https://t.co/nPcxC7g73h
- RT @Queta83: @hyposens collaborated with the organization of the #KIMconf18 which gathered the attention of more than 130 participants inte…
- RT @FMitjans: Hyposens H2020 project @hyposens to be presented within few minutes by Leitat @Leitat at the amazing International MicroNano…
- As part of the visit of our partners in Israel for the 18M meeting, some of them visit the Technion facilities in Haifa today. #BreastCancer
- RT @Queta83: Discussion about #HYPOSENS advances during the 12M meeting in Tel Aviv is getting interesting! @hyposens #innovation https://…
- Today we celebrate our 18M meeting in Tel Aviv (Israel). Our partners will share and discuss the progress made so far. #BreastCancer #Cancer
- Dr. Stanislav Balouchev (Sofia Univ.) presents @hyposens at @GLAMprojectEU Workshop, seeking synergies between both… https://t.co/i7nEzjGy2M