Cancer metastasis is responsible for 90% of cancer related deaths. In breast cancer, metastasis occurs mostly via the lymphatic system. The lymphatic nodes that are closest to a tumour are the most likely route for the cancer cells to first enter the lymphatic system and are referred to as the sentinel lymph nodes (SLN).
Diagnosing the presence of cancerous cells within the SLN is therefore critical to provide optimum treatment plans. The gold standard is currently the Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy (SLNB). SLNB however comes with several drawbacks.
The HypoSens imaging system is strategically designed to offer a minimally invasive alternative to the SLNB. The device is a prognostic solution for clinicians towards, once validated more accurate and fast diagnosis and personalised treatment options.
Why use HypoSens system
The photonics system uses tumour targeted nano-confined sensors for intracellular temperature and oxygen sensing.
HypoSens does not require surgery to test the lymph node status.
HypoSens will produce results in real-time.
The nano-confined sensor particles will be able to monitor both temperature and dissolved oxygen. Coupling the nano-sensors with target antigens ensures the proper identification of the targeted tumour cells.
The prognosis system does not release any ionising radiation.
The device will incorporate a “plug and play” architecture which will render it easy to operate.
Due to the compact nature of the imaging system, the development of HypoSens will result in a decrease in the diagnostic costs associated with metastatic breast cancer.
- 📑 HYPOSENS H2020 Project has been included in the #CORDIS Results Pack Report on #BreastCancer. 👉… https://t.co/GbFKXvuZiu
- RT @EliCasanelles: Than you to @hyposens project for the kind invite to @CIMTI_cat and @HCLLCatalonia to present our #innovation initiative…
- RT @PhotonicsEU: The #EC proudly funds #research and #innovation #H2020 projects to address #breastcancer and improve #diagnostics and #tre…
- RT @corredor_miriam: Listening to Alberto Villanueva CSO of @Xenopat_ presenting their patient derived orthotopic xenografts at the #innov…
- RT @soleistda: Starting with the @hyposens final event with Alfredo Martinez from @riojasalud, speaking about #hyposens technology! #medica…
- Today we celebrate '#BreastCancer and MedTech insights: Shaping the future', in framework of the #InnovaHealth Cong… https://t.co/S4VmSssjGT
- Next Tuesday October 29th, we will celebrate @hyposens Final Event entitled “Breast Cancer and MedTech insights: sh… https://t.co/ny2r6UUqVq
- 📆 October is the #BreastCancer awareness month. 💪We investigate a minimally invasive solution to detect breast can… https://t.co/5ZSRMUWfgd