Cancer metastasis is responsible for 90% of cancer related deaths. In breast cancer, metastasis occurs mostly via the lymphatic system. The lymphatic nodes that are closest to a tumour are the most likely route for the cancer cells to first enter the lymphatic system and are referred to as the sentinel lymph nodes (SLN).
Diagnosing the presence of cancerous cells within the SLN is therefore critical to provide optimum treatment plans. The gold standard is currently the Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy (SLNB). SLNB however comes with several drawbacks.
The HypoSens imaging system is strategically designed to offer a minimally invasive alternative to the SLNB. The device is a prognostic solution for clinicians towards, once validated more accurate and fast diagnosis and personalised treatment options.
Why use HypoSens system
The photonics system uses tumour targeted nano-confined sensors for intracellular temperature and oxygen sensing.
HypoSens does not require surgery to test the lymph node status.
HypoSens will produce results in real-time.
The nano-confined sensor particles will be able to monitor both temperature and dissolved oxygen. Coupling the nano-sensors with target antigens ensures the proper identification of the targeted tumour cells.
The prognosis system does not release any ionising radiation.
The device will incorporate a “plug and play” architecture which will render it easy to operate.
Due to the compact nature of the imaging system, the development of HypoSens will result in a decrease in the diagnostic costs associated with metastatic breast cancer.
Organizations from six countries develop the HYPOSENS device, which will detect metastatic breast cancer in real time and without surgery
- RT @NanomedSpain: Francesc Mitjans introduce el proyecto de @EU_H2020 @hyposens, coordinado por @Leitat, para una mejor prognosis de cáncer…
- Hyposens #H2020 Project sympathizes with all people who have suffered or are suffering from breast #cancer and cont… https://t.co/EJLgVtXQCm
- Today Francesc Mitjans - from our partner @Leitat - presents the #HYPOSENS project at the Barcelona Edition of Heal… https://t.co/EGhNwMAt3e
- RT @izabelalfany: @Leitat is joining the #WorldCancerDay! Stay tuned! @FMitjans @hyposens #leitat https://t.co/S3haO4P0fL
- SAVE THE DATE: 📑 HealthTECH World Cancer Day 2019 🗓 Feb 1st, 2019 - 11:45h CET 📌 Barcelona 👉 More info:… https://t.co/l8LidUCZEl
- RT @EU_H2020: #FF #H2020 @RUN4LIFE_H2020 @ParsifalProject @Mycokey_eu @home2nite_app @eSIDES_eu @hyposens @ImageInLife @MCUBE19 @ACTi…
- RT @Leitat: El equipo de Leitat está orgulloso de presentar 4 proyectos #Horizonte2020 coordinados en la Conferencia #H2020conf2018: @GLAMp…
- Today we participate in the event "10ª Conferencia del Programa Marco de Investigación e Innovación de la Unión Eur… https://t.co/NVcB1nZYUm